About

How to Cultivate Daily Abundance (Bonus: Playsheet)

What is the very first thing you did the moment you woke up this morning? Take a second to actually think about it. What was it... 

Check your phone, hit snooze, lay staring at the ceiling worrying about something...?

What if you started your day with gratitude?

Here's the notebook I keep on my night stand. Each morning -- before checking my phone, before getting out of bed -- I write down 5 things I'm grateful for.
Simple. Easy. Habit.
(That's my theme for this year: Create simple and easy habits that add up to accomplishing my goals.) 



Here are a few things I've been grateful for recently: 
  • Living close to my family
  • Running water
  • Kathy's friendship
  • A washer and dryer in my apartment
  • A warm bed
I don't judge what I write. I just let it flow. Sometimes it comes out as sentences, sometimes it's just one word. But what I value is letting myself be present and appreciative of the day ahead. 


Click to get a Free 7-Day Daily Abundance Playsheet


When was the last time you paused to appreciate the day about to unfold before you? Not the new year, but the new day?

Here are some truths for you to reflect on right now:
  • You have electricity and indoor plumbing. 
  • You have access to the internet. 
  • You have a physical structure (apartment, house) you call home.
Just those things are amazing. Millions of people don't have those. You are so lucky!

Sit with that abundance you have for a moment. 

[No really, take a breathe of gratitude.]

Okay, let's keep going:
  • You can read (774 million adults -- 64% of whom are women -- cannot. UNESCO, 9/2013
  • Laughter. 
  • You can make mistakes and be okay. 
  • The International Space Station is orbiting the Earth right now! (What?!) That's my personal favorite; there's nothing like space exploration that puts me in the present. Love it!
  • Hugs.
  • You can drink clean water from your tap. 
  • It's a new year! It's a new day. 
Having a mindset of gratitude is the first step to abundance. It's like driving on a slipper road and swearing towards a tree. If you focus on the tree you'll hit the tree. If you focus on the road, and what you need to do to stay on the road, then you're more likely to stay on the road. Gratitude is the road. Focus on the road.

Start right now
Write down 5 things you're grateful for right now (send it to friend, send it to yourself, just write them down now). Really.


1. ____________________

2. ____________________


3. ____________________

4. ____________________

5. ____________________

Do the same thing tomorrow, the day after, and you'll soon have an entire book of things you're grateful for. 

Simple. Easy. Habit.